This page indexes records for the family of William Bennett and Rachel Pittman, both their descendants and ancestors which includes the McGrew family of Joseph McGrew and Sarah Graham, my 6th great grand parents, and Joseph Pittman and Rebecca Graham, also my 6th great grand parents.The Speers or Spears family is descended from William Spears and Susan Ridens, and the Grimes family is from Leonard Grimes and Jan Vandeveer.
On the Miller side the family starts with Huston or Houston Miller, a State Senator for Indiana and his wives Mathilda Cummins Hart, Nancy Cummins, and Mary Jane Spurlock down through Byram Hart Miller and his daughter Nettie, who married great grandfather John Wesley Elledge. This family’s records are mostly in Crawford County and Orange County, Indiana, although Houston hails from Overton County in Tennessee.
As my collection grows I’ll probably add another index page to break all these lines down a bit but for now their records can be found through this page.
1. John McDonald – William Bennett Jr Deed dated 25 Oct 1851 in Orange County Indiana.
2. Joseph Denbo Last Will and testament from Carole V. Beringer on Avelyn’s Avenues
3. Houston Miller Jr. Photos and some history and notes about Houston Miller, Sr. by Carole V. Beringer, on Avelyn’s Avenues.
4. William Bennett Sr deed to Jonathan Peter 1847 orange County Indiana
7. George Bennett Biography. Son of William and Rebecca (Pittman) Bennett, born May 17, 1827. Lived in Orange County, Indiana.
8. James and Rachel Pittman deed to James Pittman Junior. Orange County, Indiana 1845
9. William and Barbara Bennett Deed in 1855 for a school in Greenfield Township of Orange County Indiana
Houston Miller of Crawford County, Indiana purchased 40 acres of land from the Vincennes Land Office on 5 August 1837, signed by Pres. Martin Van Buren and Joseph S. Wilson of the GLO
Record IN2060.128-1 BLM Records Search Website
Harrison Pittman purchased 40 acres in Township One of Orange County from the Government Land Office at Vincennes, Indiana on 15 October 1835. Signed for President Andrew Jackson by Secretary AJ Donelson
BLM/GLO Number IN0110.489-1 BLM Records Search Website